Take advantage of Air Canada’s online check-in and save time. You can find out exactly how Air Canada online check-in works on this page.
How does Air Canada online check-in work?
- Start online check-in via the Air Canada website:
- Select ” Check in” from the tabs.
- Now you need to enter the Aeroplan number, AC personnel number, ticket number or booking number . The booking number can be found on your Air Canada booking documents. You will also need to provide your last name.
- Once you have successfully logged into the check-in area, you will be able to select your desired flight. It is best to compare the displayed flight data with the flight information on your records.
- You also have the option to reserve a seat or book other services for your flight.
- As soon as you have completed the online check-in, you will receive your boarding pass. You can save them or print them out directly.
Air Canada online check-in information
Booking number, Aeroplan number, personnel number & ticket number
- Booking number: Consists of 6 letters and/or numbers e.g. ABC123
- Aeroplan number: Consists of 9 digits, e.g. 123456789
- AC personnel number: Consists of 8 letters and/or numbers, e.g. AC012345
- Ticket number: Consists of 13 digits, e.g. 014 1234567890
The check-in times & documents
- Online check-in is possible at the earliest 24 hours before departure .
- How long check-in is possible may vary from flight to flight.
- The boarding pass can be carried in printed form (at home or at the airport machine) or on a mobile device .
Book additional services at check-in
You can book various additional services at check-in, such as:
- A seat reservation from standard or preferred seats
- Additional pieces of baggage
- Last-minute upgrades (e.g. from economy to business class)
Air Canada’s baggage policy
Hand luggage with Air Canda
Number & Weight
You are allowed to take 1 piece of carry-on baggage on board, regardless of your destination.
For all classes there is a max. Hand luggage size of
55 x 40 x 23 cm
What is prohibited in carry-on baggage?
There are some items that are absolutely prohibited in carry-on baggage due to possible danger to passengers and crew.
Weapons, Rifles & Firearms
- Pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns and other firearms of all kinds
- Parts of firearms
- Toy weapons, as well as replicas and imitations of real weapons
- Signal pistols and starting pistols
Pointed or sharp objects
- Axes, hatchets and cleavers
- Knives and scissors
- Utility knife
- Swords and sabres
- Taser, stun guns, stun sticks
- Apparatus for stunning and killing livestock
- Chemicals, gases or sprays that cause incapacitation
- Bolt guns
- Baseball and softball bats
- Clubs and batons like bats
- Martial arts equipment
Explosives and incendiary substances
- Ammunition detonators
- Detonators and detonators
- Replicas or imitations of explosive devices
- Dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives
About Air Canada
Air Canada is the largest Canadian airline based in Montreal. Air Canada is also a founding member of the Star Alliance alliance.