Take to the skies! This also applies to SunExpress. If you’re going to be flying with SunExpress on holiday soon, then you’ve come to the right place.
We will show you how to easily and beqeum your SunExpress online check-in.
Sun Express Online Check-in Instructions
- You will find the input mask you need to check-in your flight on the following page https://www.sunexpress.com/de/online-check-in/
- You can check in online using your booking number, e-ticket number or tour operator number. Accordingly, enter the required information such as your name, departure airport and number.
- Now you should compare the flight information displayed with the information on your booking documents. This way you can be sure that you are checking in for the right flight.
- At check-in, you can also reserve a seat or submit important documents such as entry or Corona documents.
- After check-in, you will receive your boarding pass, which you can print or save.
SunExpress online check-in explanatory video
Important information about SunExpress Check-in
You have 3 options to carry out your Sun Express check-in:
1. Check-in with the booking number:
Check in your flight with your booking number and the passenger’s name. You should find your booking number on your flight booking confirmation.
3. Check-in with the tour operator number:
Check in with your tour operator number, which can be found in the booking documents.
When can check-in be carried out?
For international flights outside Turkey (except Munich, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf): You can check-in at the earliest 36 hours or at least 3.5 hours before departure. Reserve your seat. Exception Cologne / Bonn & Stuttgart Airport: online check-in is possible up to 4.5 hours before departure.
International flights from Turkey, Munich, Dusseldorf & Frankfurt: You can check-in or check-in at the earliest 36 hours or at least 1 hour before departure. Reserve your seat.
Flights within Turkey: You can check-in at the earliest 36 hours or at least 45 minutes before departure. Reserve your seat.
When is check-in not possible?
- When toddlers fly
- Passengers with reduced mobility require special service or assistive devices during the flight
Check-in departure airports
SunExpress Online Check-in is only available at certain departure airports:
- All departure airports in Germany
- All departure airports in Turkey (excluding flights to London-Luton, Birmingham, Edinburgh, London Gatwick and
- Amsterdam (AMS)
- Basel (BSL)
- Brussels (BRU)
- Copenhagen (CPH)
- Eindhoven (EIN)
- Tallinn (TLL)
- Vienna (VIE)
- Zurich (ZRH)
Seat reservation with SunExpress
Sun Express also offers the option of reserving seats on flights with flight numbers XQ and XG the evening before for an additional charge.
Fees for a normal reservation:
Domestic flights: 12.99 TL per person each way
International flights: €2.99 per person each way
Fees for emergency exit seats with extra legroom:
International flights: €10.99 per person each way
Domestic flights: 64.99 TL per person each way
For more detailed information, please refer to the Sun Express reservation page). The reservation of seats for severely disabled persons and their accompanying persons is free of charge.
Baggage policy Sun Express
Hand luggage SunExpress
For the safety of all passengers, you are only allowed to take one piece of hand luggage on a SunExpress flight.
- weigh a maximum of 8 kg
- and a maximum of 55 x 40 x 23 cm
What is prohibited in carry-on baggage?
There are some items that are absolutely prohibited in carry-on baggage due to possible danger to passengers and crew.
Weapons, Rifles & Firearms
- Pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns and other firearms of all kinds
- Parts of firearms
- Toy weapons, as well as replicas and imitations of real weapons
- Signal pistols and starting pistols
Pointed or sharp objects
- Axes, hatchets and cleavers
- Knives and scissors
- Utility knife
- Swords and sabres
- Taser, stun guns, stun sticks
- Apparatus for stunning and killing livestock
- Chemicals, gases or sprays that cause incapacitation
- Bolt guns
- Baseball and softball bats
- Clubs and batons like bats
- Martial arts equipment
Explosives and incendiary substances
- Ammunition detonators
- Detonators and detonators
- Replicas or imitations of explosive devices
- Dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives
Information about the SunExpress Airline
SunExpress is a Turkish-German airline headquartered in Antalya, Turkey. The company was founded in 1989 as a joint venture between Turkish Airlines and Lufthansa and today serves a network of over 100 destinations in Europe, Asia and Africa.
SunExpress‘ fleet consists of Boeing and Airbus aircraft, including the Boeing 737 and Airbus A330. The airline offers its passengers different classes on board, including economy and business class, as well as a wide range of entertainment and services.
SunExpress is known for its strong connections to Turkey and especially to the coastal regions. The airline also operates a subsidiary called SunExpress Germany, which specializes in flights to and from Germany.
SunExpress is not a member of an airline alliance, but works closely with other airlines to expand their network and enter into codeshare agreements. The airline also has partnerships with other companies in the tourism and travel sector to provide a more comprehensive service to its passengers.
In summary, SunExpress is an important airline with strong connections to Turkey and the coastal regions. The airline serves a wide network of destinations in Europe, Asia and Africa and offers its passengers different classes on board. SunExpress also works closely with other airlines and tourism companies to provide a more comprehensive service to their passengers.