Turkish Airlines’ online check-in allows for quick and easy check-in from home.
In this article, you will learn exactly how online check-in works and what you need to consider.
Turkish Airlines online check-in – step by step:
- Go to the Turkish Airlines online check-in page:
- In the “Check-in/Manage Booking” tab, enter your last name and the ticket number of your flight or use the reservation code from your records.
- Then you need to follow the instructions of Turkish Airlines. You will need to provide your travel documents (e.g. passport) in this step, as well as information on special circumstances (e.g. medical certificate, discount tickets)
- Before completing the online check-in, you can choose a seat depending on your preference and the fare booked.
- If there are no problems with the documents or details, you will receive your boarding pass. When checking in via the Turkish Airlines app, this will be stored in your customer account. If you do the online check-in via the website , you will need to print your boarding pass.
Important questions about Turkish Airlines online check-in
When is online check-in possible at Turkish Airlines?
Online check-in starts 24 hours before departure and ends 90 minutes before departure. You can check in online at any time during this period.
Can I choose a seat at the emergency exit during online check-in?
Yes, you have the option of choosing a seat when checking in online. It is also possible to choose a seat at the emergency exit.
How many passengers can I check in online?
Turkish Airlines online check-in is available for up to 9 people under the same booking.
Who can check in online?
In principle, all passengers with one ticket can use online check-in. Exceptions to this are passengers who require special assistance, such as children travelling alone.
How long before departure should I be at the airport?
If you have already checked in on the Turkish Airlines website or via the Turkish Airlines mobile app, you should be at the airport at least 1 hour before departure for domestic flights and at least 2 hours for international flights .
When do I have to be at the boarding gate?
For flights with special security checks (USA, Israel, Great Britain, Canada, etc.) you must be at the boarding gate 25 minutes before departure . For all other flights, 20 minutes before departure.
Pay attention to the designated boarding time, which is advertised at the airport for each flight.
For more information, please refer to the Turkish Airlines FAQ.
Baggage policy Turkish Airlines
Luggage Turkish Airlines
- One piece of baggage weighing up to 10 kg may be carried per flight
- On flights with a piece system, one piece of baggage weighing up to 23 kg may be carried
- Baggage weighing more than 32 kg will not be accepted
Hand luggage Turkish Airlines
Number & Weight
At each travel fund, personal hand luggage may also be stowed under the seat.
In Economy Class , 1 carry-on baggage with max. 8 kg allowed in the luggage compartment.
In Business Class , 2 hand luggage with max. 8 kg and a total of max. 16 kg allowed in the luggage compartment.
Personal carry-on baggage:
40 x 30 x 15 cm
Hand luggage in the overhead bin:
55 x 40 x 23 cm
What is prohibited in carry-on baggage?
There are some items that are absolutely prohibited in carry-on baggage due to possible danger to passengers and crew.
Weapons, Rifles & Firearms
- Pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns and other firearms of all kinds
- Parts of firearms
- Toy weapons, as well as replicas and imitations of real weapons
- Signal pistols and starting pistols
Pointed or sharp objects
- Axes, hatchets and cleavers
- Knives and scissors
- Utility knife
- Swords and sabres
- Taser, stun guns, stun sticks
- Apparatus for stunning and killing livestock
- Chemicals, gases or sprays that cause incapacitation
- Bolt guns
- Baseball and softball bats
- Clubs and batons like bats
- Martial arts equipment
Explosives and incendiary substances
- Ammunition detonators
- Detonators and detonators
- Replicas or imitations of explosive devices
- Dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives
Turkish Airlines or Turkish Airlines?
Especially in German-speaking countries, there is often a discussion about whether it is called Turkish Airlines or Turkish Airliens.
We clarify: The official name of the airline is “Turkish Airlines” – but of course the check-in of the Turkish Airlines is also possible via this airline ;-).
General information about Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines is the national airline of Turkey and is based in Istanbul. The airline serves more than 300 destinations in 126 countries around the world and is one of the largest airlines in the world.
Turkish Airlines offers passengers different classes of service, including Economy Class, Business Class, and First Class. The airline has a modern fleet of more than 350 aircraft, including Airbus and Boeing models.
Turkish Airlines has won several awards, including the title of “Best Airline in Europe” six years in a row from Skytrax. The airline is known for its excellent quality of service, including extensive in-flight entertainment and a first-class meal offer.
Turkish Airlines is also a major player in the field of sustainability. The airline aims to operate a zero-carbon fleet by 2050 and has already launched several initiatives to reduce its environmental impact, including the use of biofuels and the reduction of waste and emissions.
In summary, Turkish Airlines is one of the largest airlines in the world with an extensive network of destinations. The airline offers passengers various classes of service and has a modern fleet of more than 350 aircraft. Turkish Airlines is known for its excellent quality of service and aims to operate a zero-carbon fleet by 2050 and reduce its environmental impact.
Turkish Airlines and Corona
Find out what safety and health measures Turkish Airlines offers to passengers.
How does online check-in work with other airlines?
For step-by-step instructions on how to check in online for other airlines, please visit https://flug-check-in.de/